The Big 2019 Symphony Book Fair will be held
Friday, May 31 through Sunday June 2, 2019
at the University of New Orleans Lakefront Arena
6801 Franklin Ave
New Orleans, LA 70122
(same location as last year)
Free parking – enter from Franklin Avenue
Enter the sale under Ramp 1 (which faces Franklin Ave)
Admission for best selection on first day only – $15 from 9am-3pm only, free admission after 3pm
Saturday 9am-8pm, free admission
Sunday 9am-4pm, free admission
Sunday 12-3pm Children’s Books – Child can decorate and fill a bag for $5
All items budget priced. Many categories of books, including children’s and young adult. Even rare items are priced at “wholesale” level prices.
This year on sale :
- Unusually large collections of Cookbooks, Children’s Books and Religion
- Many signed poetry and literature books in Spanish, many published in Cuba and Argentina (See Collector’s table).
- Business books from the collection of a former University Dean of Business
- Children’s books in Polish
- Yearbook’s both local and national back to 1939
- Collection of poetry volumes from the collection of Peter Cooley, former Poet Laureate of Louisiana
- Opera CD’s: many recordings of rare or special performances and operas
- Over 10 books on Fine Art Glass
- An abundance of artwork – paintings, prints, posters and fabulous frames, including:
- 1986 Crescent City Classic Poster
- Jamie Hayes’ Mardi Gras in New Orleans 1996
- Jamie Hayes’ Mardi Gras in Soulard 1997
- 2010 Jazz Fest Poster
- Satchmo Summerfest posters
- Bruce Springsteen and James Dean Posters
- Rolland Golden’s Civil War Lithographs
- works by arts such as Phillip Bascle, John Akers, David Noll and Hugh Boycott Brown
More books and special items are listed on our Special Things on Sale page.
Layout of the sale floor can be downloaded here.